Prevent Inhaling Radon: How to Recognize the Warning Signs

Signs Your House Has High Levels of Radon

Radon is a gas that comes from the natural radioactive decay of uranium in rocks and soil. It can seep into homes through cracks in the foundation, construction joints, or gaps around pipes. The EPA estimates that 1 out of every 15 American homes has high levels of radon – which you might not know about unless there’s a problem with your home. Radonhjelpen radonsug is easy, just follow some tips!

Radon is colorless and odorless. Even if you can’t smell it, high levels of radon could still be in your home. The EPA recommends testing for radon yearly or as often as homeowners have a reason to test (if they bought their house recently, had renovations done on the basement). This will help prevent inhaling too much radiation from this gas!

Radonhjelpen Radonsug

If there are warning signs that point to high levels of radon inside the home, hire an expert to take measurements using special equipment so you know how serious the issue is before taking action. One sign might be higher than normal moisture in places where water usually doesn’t gather – like around air ducts or walls near outside ground level.

If you do find that your home is testing high for radon, don’t panic. You can buy a mitigation system to put in the basement of your house and draw the gas outside where it’s less harmful for people. This device is installed either through an air duct or by cutting into a wall near ground level. Then make sure everyone in the family knows about potential risks from inhaling too much radiation – especially when they’re young!